We are pleased to announce that the2020 recruitment of the Helmholtz Einstein International Berlin Research School in Data Science (HEIBRiDS) in Berlin, Germany, is now open. We offer ten fully funded PhD fellowships in a collaborative research environment across disciplinary borders. HEIBRiDS projects combine Data Science with applications in Molecular Medicine, Materials & Energy, Earth & Environment, Geosciences and Space & Planetary Research and offer excellent research and training opportunities in an international and supportive environment. Successful candidates will conduct their research at one of the partner Helmholtz Centers in the Berlin region or the participating Einstein Center Digital Future (ECDF) partner universities.Topics belong to one or more of the following areas:
- Machine Learning & Deep Learning
- Data Management
- High-throughput Data Analytics
- Mathematical Modelling
- Cutting-edge research in data science under close supervision of a team of two mentors;
- Three-year fully-funded fellowships (E13 TVöD or TV-L), with the possibility of a one-year contract extension;
- Integrated training curriculum of scientific and professional skills courses taught in English;
- Financial support for conferences and collaborations.
We invite interested candidates who will have a master’s degree in quantitative sciences (Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, or Mathematics) or related applied fields (Bio or Geo-Informatics) latest by July 2020, to apply via our online application portal until February 7, 2020. Interested applicants will find detailed descriptions of the available doctoral projects upon registration to the application portal.
Successful candidates will start their PhD between July and October 2020.
For more information, visit our webpage: www.heibrids.berlin