This talk is an introduction to modern cosmology. In particular, we will look at the Friedmann–Lemaître–Robertson–Walker model, sometimes referred to as Standard Model of modern cosmology.
The spacetime coordinates for this talk will be announced soon. Notes for this talk will be provided. We will go over the following points:
- General Relativity: A Quick review/overview
- The Copernican principle, homogeneity, isotropy, the three maximally symmetric spaces and a boring universe
- A more interesting universe, the FLRW metric and the scaling factor
- The Friedmann equations
- The evolution of the scaling factor
- The matter content of our universe and a glimpse at its history