- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
Prerequisite: you are viewing a newly created page as described in the previous section 060. Creating a page - the CMS way. You can click on a page in the tree view as discussed in the previous page to view it.
- In the left-hand menue, click on "Page Operations", "Edit"
- The page edit dialog opens, similar to the "create page" dialog
- Click in the text area and edit to your liking
- Use the "Preview" tab above the text box to see, how the page would look like after saving
- Some commands will not update their text before saving the page, e.g. table of content macro
- Toggle back to "Wiki Markup" for further editing
- You might also want to use the "Richt Text" tab for visual editing
- Close to the usual desktop word process feeling
- Also good for pasting MS Word or Excel documents
- Easily breaks complicated page syntax
- Requires a mouse
- Click "Save" after finishing editing
Do not use the Rich Text Editor (RTE) on pages containing complicated Wiki markup. The RTE will brake the commands entered manually!
Give Wiki markup a try. It is fast, easy and powerful! Get used to it.