- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
Admin Users only
This information is applicable for admin users only (until Project IT Infrastructure Development).
Here are a few tips and did-you-knows about the web interface to admin email, called OWA or Outlook Web Access:
- OWA might look like Outlook, but is not: it is a web interface.
- OWA is available world-wide via an internet browser at https://exchange.jacobs-university.de/
- OWA login is with windows domain password (if unsure, what that means, check Introductory IT Information for Faculty, Staff and Admin Members#WindowsDomainAccount, used to login to the PC).
- OWA can be accessed from Jacobs' WLAN without having to authenticate for WLAN access.
- OWA works with other browsers than Microsoft Internet Explorer and using other operating systems than Microsoft Windows (e.g., Mozilla on Solaris), too, though the interface is not as rich.
- OWA, immediately after login, displays a warning, if the password is about to expire:
- OWA can be used to change the windows domain password ( no longer applicable after integration of CampusNet with Windows domain during Project IT Infrastructure Development).
- OWA shows the email quota settings by hovering the mouse over the mailbox entry:
- OWA can be used to schedule meetings and shows availability like Outlook, even shows free slots per day, listed by applicability:
- OWA, under the "Options -> Out of Office Assistant" heading, can be used to set out of office messages, even setting a date interval when messages are to be send is possible: