- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
- Permissions are defined per Space
- Pages can also be restricted
- Page restriction includes all children pages, and all attachments
- Permission concept is very simple
- Simplicity is a feature
Don't think "nobody needs to know this", don't ask "who has to view this", and then try to set the permissions as restrictive as possible.
Instead, ask "who should not view this, and why not?", and try to set the permission as lax as possible. After all, we are all doing interesting things, why not show it?
Jonathan Nolen of Atlassian at Using Wiki in Education.
We try to encourage people to use the principle of most-access, rather than least. Only hide or protect something if you REALLY have to.