- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
The information given for Linux is complimentary and shared with best intent and knowledge. There is no support for Linux computers at Jacobs by IRC-IT!
- openSUSE running KDE desktop
- You need to know your JACOBS user account
- You need administrative access to the computer
- CUPS needs to be installed, running, and working
- Download the printer description file KOC759U.ppd
Start YaST2 dialog to add a printer as follows:
- select "Hardware", "Printers", "Print via Network", start the "Connection Wizard"
- Connection Type: "Line Printer Daemon (LPD) Protocol"
Use these properties:
IP Address or Host Name
choose "Raw Queue" (to speed things up)
After clicking "OK", the "Add New Printer Configuration" dialog opens. Click "Driver Packages", for the Printer description file browse for the printer description file downloaded above and upload it, click OK, on the request to "Restart locally running CUPS daemon" click Yes, wait for the restart to finish, ignore the errors, wait for the "Retrieving printer driver information" window.
You are back in the "Add New Printer Configuration" dialog. Start again with selecting the Connection Type as above, settings as above, in the "Search For" dialog you can now search for and use the "Konica Minolta C759" ppd, set A4 as default paper size, give the configuration any allowed name like "Qpilot_Jacobs", click "OK" and wait until the database is updated.
Finisher is FS-537, Punch Unit PK-523 (2-Hole), Saddle Kit SD-512 (for stapling), no particular paper source unit, don't use "query default options".