- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
The information given for Mac OS X is complimentary and shared with best intent and knowledge. There is no support for Mac computers at Jacobs by IRC-IT!
- Mac computer running Mac OSX
- Your user name on the Mac needs to be the same as your JACOBS domain account aka CampusNet login
- You need administrative access to the computer
- Download the printer description file KOC759U.ppd
Use the System Preferences, Printers & Scanners dialog to add an "IP" printer with the following properties:
|Protocol||Line Printer Daemon - LPD|
select "Other..." and load the printer description file downloaded above
After clicking "Add" a second dialog appears asking for printer features. Finisher is FS-537, Punch Unit PK-523 (2-Hole), Saddle Kit SD-512 (for stapling), no particular paper source unit.
If you are able to manipulate the full URL being used for the printer, e.g. by using the CUPS web interface at http://localhost:631/ , and your Mac user name is not your JACOBS domain account, using lpd://CAMPUSNETUSERNAME@qpilot.jacobs-university.de/konica as printing address will allow you to use your JACOBS domain account for printing despite your different login anyway.