- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
If instead you are working on any other Windows computer, you need to authenticate yourself with your JACOBS user account upon connecting to the print server !
The fastest way to setup the network printers is:
- Open an Explorer window (not Internet Explorer, but only Explorer, keyboard shortcut Windows-E), e.g. "My Computer"
- in the "Address" bar enter (or copy & paste from here): \\sprint01.jacobs.jacobs-university.de
- a new window opens, listing shares and printers
- double-click on "QpilotKonica"
- eventually, a window pops up to install the printer, click "Yes" and wait a few seconds
- a window pops up showing the printer queue
You can now use that newly configured printer in any print dialog of Windows.