- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
In case the Jacobs Email account is to be removed from the email client configuration, here is the documentation how to achieve that.
Microsoft Outlook 2003 English
- close MS Outlook 2003
- select "Start Menu" -> "Settings" -> "Control Panel" -> "Mail"
- select "E-mail Accounts..."
- if not already selected, click "View or change existing e-mail accounts"
- click "Next >"
- in the list of email accounts, select the one you want to remove. As this is a client-side configuration entry, there is no unique name to look for. It will read something like "Jacobs Email" or "exchange.jacobs-university.de", or something similar; depending on how Outlook was configured, the "Type" of the account to remove is either "POP/SMTP" or "IMAP/SMPT" or "Exchange"! If in doubt, select the entry, click "Change" and verify, that it is the connection you want to remove.
- click "Remove"
- in the safety pop-up window, click "Yes"
- click "Finish"
See this screencast for a demonstration: