- First, look at the pages of the CSC ( Career Services Center(Jacobs University) and the many offers for seminars and advice that they have.
- Then look at our pages here, which contain additional information for life sciences students.
- Applying to Graduate School in the Life Sciences- a step-by-step guide to the process, with supporting documents:
- Interesting Graduate Programs in the life sciences
- Graduate School Essays for US graduate schools
- Additional resources:
- A brochure on preparing for graduate school in the US, US (2003 version, 2019 version) by the 'Leadership Alliance' association of American graduate schools. Also: their step-to-step guide.
- Cooperating with your referees for Graduate School Applications
- A report on application experiences by a member of the BCCB class of 2004.
- Graduate Scholarships in the Life Sciences
- Equivalence of Jacobs Grades to British grades
- Career options for life scientists
- Salaries for life scientists
- "How to succeed in Science: a concise guide for young biomedical scientists." Two excellent articles (part 1, part 2) that briefly explain what a career in (academic) life science is like. A similar book, more in detail, is "Who wants to be a Scientist?" by Nancy Rothwell. See the books section.
- The Peoples Archive: the life stories of some of the great scientists
© Sebastian Springer 2001-20162020. What's missing in this page? Let me know.
If you feel like giving back and contributing, write about your experiences in the LinkedIn group or in the Facebook group. Thank you!