- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
In the past, WiFi/WLAN Access has been cumbersome and error-prone.
- Connecting to the wireless network will no longer require a "secret" key.
- According to our university's new name the wireless network will be called "JACOBS".
- It will advertise itself: no more "searching for wireless networks".
- To enhance stability and manageability, WiFi/WLAN Access will require login of Jacobs University's members with CampusNet username/password, either
- via web browser (easier to use), or
- via VPN access (more secure).
- Guests and conference attendants can get WiFi/WLAN Access with temporary accounts provided by their hosts, via IT Support.