This is the home page for the Life Sciences Careers space. The space is under construction. As long as it is incomplete, Prof. Springer's entire careers website (see http://www.faculty.iu-bremen.de/springer/career/careers.htm) will remain active.
Click on the flower on the top left to return to this page.
To start your exploration:
- First, look at the pages of the CSC (Career Services Center) and the many offers for seminars and advice that they have.
- Then look at our pages here, which contain additional information for life sciences students.
Resources for all situations:
- How to write a CV for an application
- How to write an application letter for an internship or for graduate school
- Mastering Interviews for Internships and Graduate Schools (on the phone or in person)
- How to find an area of science that interests you, and a good research group in this area
- How to apply for an internship in the life sciences
Graduate School Resources:
- Life Sciences Graduate School information on the BCCB website: a very good fundamental overview
- Applying to Graduate School in the Life Sciences - a step-by-step guide to the process, with supporting documents:
- List of Graduate Programs that Jacobs Life Science Graduates have been admitted to
- Graduate School Essays for US graduate schools
- Cooperating with your referees for Graduate School Applications
- A report on application experiences by a member of the BCCB class of 2004.
- Biological Recognition - Jacobs University's Molecular Life Sciences Graduate School
- Equivalence of Jacobs Grades to British grades
Advice to students who consider medical school
- A PDF document with the most important information.
- The old version of the same document, with some more information.