- IT Home
- How Tos
- IT Support
- Office Hours for Staff Support
- Office Hours for Student Support
As of February 2009, the
- seven members of IRC-IT (incl. CTO) care for
- ~1,200 client computers in Jacobs University's data network,
- 40 Windows server, 30 Linux servers, 7 Solaris servers,
- some more hosted for CLAMV, including three compute clusters and one SMP computer,
- additional servers hosted for various research groups,
- one teaching lab with 45 stations,
- three telephone hubs,
- 1,700+ phones with voice boxes, fax, cti, tel. accounting,
- 70 mobile phones and other Internet access devices,
- almost 100 manageable workgroup switches with 4000+ ports,
- 65 WLAN access points,
- the central network components,
- several kilometers of cables,
- construction projects.
The served community includes
- Faculty, research and technical staff,
- Admin staff,
- Undergraduate and graduate students,
- Exchange, visiting, and guest faculty and students,
- Special program guests and collaborators,
- Guests to the university,
- External visitors and contractors.
Maintained facilities include offices, labs, teaching rooms, library, guest house, serveries, social rooms, kindergarten, on-campus and off-campus residences.
More information about the areas of operations of IRC-IT are given on the page About IRC-IT Department. The page Reporting shows historical data and trends, but requires login. Statistics November 2006 gives nice graphs of architecture distributions.