Click on the flower on the top left to return to this page. There is a short link to this page: http://tinyurl.com/lifescicareers !
To start your exploration:
- First, look at the pages of the CSC (Career Services Center) and the many offers for seminars and advice that they have.
- Then look at our pages here, which contain additional information for life sciences students.
- To get you interested, this figure (from EMBO Reports 3 (2002), p. 906) shows what you can be with a molecular life sciences degree:
Resources for all situations:
Graduate School Resources:
Medical School Resources:
- Job databases (PhD positions and after): Academics.com (Jobs in Germany)
On Science as a Career:
- "How to succeed in Science: a concise guide for young biomedical scientists." Two excellent articles (part 1, part 2) that briefly explain what a career in (academic) life science is like. A similar book, more in detail, is "Who wants to be a Scientist?" by Nancy Rothwell. See the books section.
- The Peoples Archive: the life stories of some of the great scientists
© Sebastian Springer 2001-2008. What's missing in this page? Let me know.
If you feel like giving back and contributing, please update your page in the Life Sciences Alumni Space and those of others you know. Thank you!